Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lottery League 2010

By Lou Muenz

Lottery League was started back in 2008 and came from a concept Jae Kristoff created. Long story short: you gather 130+ local musicians together, throw their names into a bingo hopper and create 30+ new bands from the names picked from the hopper. No two people can be in a Lottery League band that performed together previously.
This year's version of Lottery League plans to be just as rewarding and large as the 2008 version but with quite a few new particapants as well as having the draft night open to the public at the Beachland Ballroom this friday night at 9pm.

I spent an iconceivable ammount of time in 2008 documenting nearly every aspect of Lottery League including sitting in on over 60 band practices of 29 of the 33 bands [a handful of bands made it nearly impossible to reach my goal of all 33 bands].
This year Jae has asked me to be part of the process by including myself in the roster of folks that will be in the draft and in a new LL band before the sun rises on saturday. With that said, it was an easy choice for the ClevelandSeen staff to chose me as their Lottery League correspondent.

Within a few days, I will be posting here with photos & video of the draft as well as the rosters of the newly formed bands. You can find the draft list of particapants on the Lottery League blog Jae started in 2008, that is here.

My full documentation of LotteryLeague-I from '08 is here.

Lottery League Draft Night
Friday February 5, 2010
9pm @ The Beachland Ballroom

No comments:

Post a Comment